In today's highly competitive business landscape, building a waitlist before launching a product or service has become an essential strategy for creating buzz and generating interest. A pre-launch waitlist allows you to gauge demand and interest while also giving you a captive audience to engage and communicate with leading up to your launch.
One of the most effective ways to keep your waitlist engaged and excited is to offer rewards and milestones as incentives. These can be anything from exclusive access to early product demos or beta testing to special discounts or other perks for being part of the waitlist.
Milestones and rewards provide several benefits to both the business and the waitlist members. For businesses, they create anticipation and buzz leading up to the launch, help to build a sense of community, and generate early revenue. Waitlist members offer a tangible benefit for their commitment to being part of the community and provide an incentive to stay engaged and excited about the launch.
Here are some ideas for milestones and rewards to incentivize people to join your pre-launch waitlist:
Milestone rewards provide a sense of progress and achievement for waitlist members. By setting specific milestones, such as reaching a certain number of referrals or completing a specific action, members can earn rewards such as exclusive merchandise or access to special events. This creates a sense of community and encourages members to stay engaged and committed to the launch. These milestones can be based on the number of referrals made or the amount of revenue generated from those referrals. For example, a business may offer a reward to a customer who refers three new customers, or who generates $500 in revenue from their referrals.
There are two different ways to track milestones;
- The number of referrals: A referral program is a great way to encourage potential customers to sign up for your waitlist. You can set a milestone for the number of referrals someone needs to make in order to unlock a reward.
- Social media shares: You can also set a milestone for the number of social media shares someone needs to make about your pre-launch product or service. This will help build buzz and increase your reach.
Examples of Milestones
- 100 sign-ups: Celebrate the first 100 people who showed interest in your product or service by sending them an exclusive offer or access to a sneak peek of what's to come.
- 500 sign-ups: At this point, you're gaining momentum! Consider offering a reward to your waitlist members, such as a discount or free trial when your product or service launches.
- 1,000 sign-ups: You've hit a major milestone! Celebrate by hosting a giveaway for your waitlist members, with a prize that's relevant to your product or service.
- 5,000 sign-ups: Consider offering a special early-bird discount or bonus feature to your waitlist members.
- 10,000 sign-ups: You've reached a significant number of people who are eagerly waiting for your launch! Consider offering a VIP experience or early access to your product or service for your most loyal waitlist members
Referral rewards offer an incentive for each individual referral made by a customer. This might include a discount code for the referred customer, as well as a reward for the customer who made the referral. For example, a business might offer a 10% discount code to the new customer, and a $10 gift card to the customer who made the referral. This approach provides an immediate benefit to both the new customer and the referring customer, which can help build loyalty and encourage repeat business.
Examples of Rewards
- Early Access: Offer early access to your product or service to those who sign up for your waitlist. This could be in the form of a beta test or a limited release before your official launch. You could also offer a special discount or bonus for those who purchase during the pre-launch period.
- Exclusive Content: Create exclusive content for your waitlist subscribers, such as behind-the-scenes looks at your product development process, interviews with your team, or even a private Facebook group where they can connect with other early adopters. This will help build a sense of community and keep your subscribers engaged and excited about your launch.
- Freebies: Everyone loves a good freebie! Consider offering a free trial, sample, or gift to those who sign up for your waitlist. This could be a physical product or a digital download, such as an e-book or guide related to your product or industry. You could also offer a bonus gift for those who refer friends or share your waitlist on social media.
- Personalized Consultation: Offer a personalized consultation with your team for those who sign up for your waitlist. This could be a one-on-one call or email exchange where they can ask questions about your product, get feedback on their own ideas, or receive customized advice on how to use your product or service.
- Exclusive Merchandise: Create exclusive merchandise for your waitlist subscribers, such as t-shirts, stickers, or other branded items. This will help build a sense of community and give your early adopters a way to show off their support for your brand.
- Early Bird Pricing: Offer special pricing for those who sign up for your waitlist. This could be a discounted price for your product or service, or a special bonus for those who purchase during the pre-launch period.
- Social Media Shoutout: Give a shoutout to those who sign up for your waitlist on social media. This will help build buzz around your launch and give your subscribers a sense of recognition and appreciation.
- Access to a Private Group: Offer access to a private community or Facebook group for those who sign up for your waitlist. This could be a great way to build a sense of community and provide a space for your early adopters to connect with each other.
- Influencer Collaboration: Collaborate with influencers or bloggers in your industry to offer exclusive content or discounts to your waitlist subscribers. This can help you reach a wider audience and build buzz around your launch.
- Product Customization: Offer customization options for your product or service to those who sign up for your waitlist. This could be in the form of personalized engraving, special packaging, or other unique features that make your product stand out.
- Referral Rewards: Offer rewards or bonuses to those who refer friends or family to your waitlist. This could be in the form of exclusive content, early access, or other special perks.
- Partner Discounts: Partner with other businesses or brands in your industry to offer exclusive discounts or promotions to your waitlist subscribers. This can help you build relationships with other businesses and provide more value to your subscribers.
- Digital Badges or Certifications: Offer digital badges or certifications to those who sign up for your waitlist. This could be a great way to provide value and recognition to your subscribers, while also building your brand authority.
- Charitable Donations: Donate a portion of your pre-launch sales to a charity or cause that aligns with your brand values. This can help build goodwill with your subscribers and show that your brand cares about more than just profits.
- Early Adopter Badge: Offer an "Early Adopter" badge or label to those who sign up for your waitlist. This can help build a sense of community and recognition among your subscribers, while also increasing their sense of loyalty and commitment.
Remember, the key to a successful pre-launch waitlist is to provide value to your subscribers and make them feel like they are part of an exclusive community. By setting milestones and offering rewards, you can build excitement and anticipation for your launch while also building a loyal customer base. Keep your subscribers engaged and excited about your launch by providing regular updates, exclusive content, and personalized rewards.
Don't forget to thank your early adopters for their support and feedback - they are the ones who will help make your launch a success!
In conclusion, creating a pre-launch waitlist is a great way to build excitement and anticipation for your product launch. By setting milestones and offering rewards, you can incentivize people to sign up and become part of your community of early adopters. Remember to provide value to your subscribers and keep them engaged through regular updates and exclusive content. With the right strategy, your pre-launch waitlist can help you build a loyal customer base and set your product up for success.